Discovery India announces new organisational structure to drive deeper focus, offer greater leverage across the 13 network channels.
Discovery Communications India has made organizational changes which will help intensify focus in key strategic areas. The erstwhile division of roles basis mass and premium networks has been done away with; the new structure has distinct verticals for content development and marketing to drive deeper focus and offer greater leverage across the 13 network channels. A dedicated vertical for digital has also been created.
The company announced that Issac John will take on the role of Business Head for Digital with a singular focus to build a strong D2C presence via Digital Product offerings. Sai Abishek will lead the content vertical for factual & lifestyle entertainment while Vednarayan Sirdeshpande will take over Marketing portfolio for the network including factual, lifestyle & kids as well as trade.
Speaking on the occasion, Megha Tata, Managing Director – South Asia, Discovery Communications India, said, “We have made select changes in our org structure in light of the opportunities available in the evolving media landscape. The sharper focus on functional areas will help us become more potent, more agile.”
Discovery Communications India’s leadership team led by Megha Tata includes: –
- Vijay Rajput, Sr Vice President – Affiliate Sales & Product Distribution
- Vikram Tanna, VP, Head of Advertising Sales and Business Head of Regional Clusters
- Ruchir Jain, Senior Director – Finance
- Gaurav Garg, Senior Director – Consumer Insights and Research
- Issac John, Director- Digital Business
- Uttam Pal Singh, Channel Head – Discovery Kids
- Sai Abishek, Director, Content- Factual & Lifestyle Entertainment
- Vednarayan Sirdeshpande, Director-Marketing
- Ruchi Kuthiala, Director – Director- People & Culture
- Mansha Shukla, Director – Legal Affairs
- Sameer Bajaj, Director – Corporate Communications & External Affairs
- Praveen Chaudhary, Associate Director – Strategy