Mediacom India & WATConsult win Grand Emvie of the year, Mindshare India becomes Media Agency of the year and Hindustan Unilever stands as the Media Client of the year at Emvies 2019.
The 19th edition of The Advertising Club’s Emvie Awards concluded on Friday, October 4, 2019, at ST. Regis in Mumbai. The Emvies that champions best in creativity, effectiveness and marketing saw around 1079 entries, the highest nominations ever received with 42 agencies participating in the competition. The event that was attended by more than 1000 professionals from the Media, Marketing, Advertising and Research fraternity saw 29 Gold & 38 Silver EMVIE Trophies being presented to the worthy winners.
- Mindshare with 340 points was ‘The Media Agency of the Year’.
- Wavemaker with 310 points stood second and Initiative with 135 points stood third.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited was declared as ‘The Media Client of the Year’.
- The Best Implementation Team of the Year went to Street Talk — A division of Signpost India for Nestle — Nestle India — Bus Shelters that talk Coffee in the category ‘Best Media Innovation: Out of Home’.
- The coveted Grand EMVIE Award went to the following:
- Mediacom India bagged the Grand EMVIE for Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health care Limited — Ariel — Now Its time Sons- Share the Load
- WATConsult bagged the Grand EMVIE for Ariston Thermo — Racold — Mind Your Language.
Speaking about the awards Partha Sinha, Chairperson, EMVIES Committee, The Advertising Club said “EMVIES are called the Oscars of the media agency. Every year it is growing in stature and the primary reason for that is the quality of work. Every single agency had presented case studies of very high calibre and the global community will be able to access some of them through our tie-up with WARC. We are all very proud of the standard of work being done by Indian agencies and the EMVIES are a celebration of that pride. It is easily one of the signature events in the Indian marketing and communication calendar.”
Speaking about the changing dynamics of campaigns and the importance of being relevant, Punitha Arumugam, Digital Evangelist and Managing Committee Member, The Advertising Club said, “EMVIES continues to scale and surprise with its excellence year after year. What has really been delightful in EMVIES 2019 is agencies specialising in OOH and digital featuring in the top 10 agencies. And a digital entry also sharing the Grand EMVIE. The awards are truly and surely reflecting the emerging media landscape in the country.”
The Advertising Club, post the inputs obtained from the fraternity at the Emvies Town Hall Meeting, introduced the following category of which the results are as under:
Best Media Innovation: Rural Activation
- Wavemaker bagged the first GOLD for Vodafone — Vodafone creating ‘Wheels of Change’ in rural Kerala.
- Wavemaker bagged the second GOLD for Colgate Swarna Ved Shakti — Making 3 crore people in UP experience the best natural toothpaste in 45 days.
- Initiative bagged the third GOLD for Dettol — India’s First Hygiene Parliament.
- Initiative bagged the BRONZE for Harpic — Making India Toilet Proud.
- There was no Silver awarded in this category.
EMVIES 2019 continues to celebrate innovative, effective and future-focused campaigns that have inspired change.
Emvies 2019 was adjudged by a distinguished and versatile jury of 172 Media Professionals in Round 1 of the Judging process. The category ‘Best Media Buying Team of the Year’ which was introduced last year; was judged by 7 Specialist Jury. The Final Round of Judging saw Case Study Presentations being evaluated by 61 Marketing Leaders. The 272 shortlisted entries were then judged by research specialists.