WARC Prize for Asian Strategy announces the jury panel for 2020. Anil Nair, CEO, VMLY&R India to be one of the members. Additional judges will be announced shortly.
WARC is today launching the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2020. Since 2011, the Prize has aimed to showcase Asia’s smartest marketing thinking, highlighting breakthrough ideas from across the region. Now in its tenth year, the Prize remains free to enter and is open to clients and agencies in any marketing discipline.
Lucy Aitken, Managing Editor, Case Studies, WARC, comments: “The WARC Prize for Asian Strategy rewards strategic thinking that helps clients solve real-life problems and provides a base for future growth. As we set to mark this tenth year of the Prize at a time when marketing strategies are being challenged and adapted, we provide an opportunity to showcase successful marketing that is relevant to now and to the future.
“This year, we’ve launched the Long-Term Strategy special award to acknowledge the impact of long-term brand-building for marketers aiming to balance short-term sales with future-forward brand ambitions.”
Alongside the Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades, there is a prize fund of USD $10,000 for the best papers – Grand Prix (USD $5,000) and five special awards (USD $1,000 each) recognizing specific areas of excellence, including the new Long-Term Strategy Award:
The Category Disruptor Award for the best example of a brand that has successfully broken with category convention.
The Customer Journey Award for the best example of a brand creating a compelling path to purchase.
The Early Adopter Award for the best example of a brand using a new innovation or emerging tech or platform.
The Long-Term Strategy Award (new) for the best strategy designed to build a long-term brand platform, executed over a period of three years or more.
The Research Excellence Award for the best use of research in the development of strategic ideas.
Also read: Whatsapp number, Social Media listening enable ASCI to act against misleading…
A high-caliber panel of strategy experts and senior marketers will join Siew Ting to judge the submissions. The first judges to be appointed are:
- Siew Ting Foo – Vice President & Global Head of Marketing Strategy & Planning, Print Category, HP – Jury Chair
- Divya Anand – General Manager, Marketing, APAC, Tata Communications
- Lauren Cadman – Director, Strategic Planning, Mindshare China
- Remona Duquesne – Managing Partner, Southeast Asia, the brandgym
- Mark Hadfield – Regional Head of Planning, Iris Worldwide Singapore
- Terence Ling – Head of Strategy, TBWA\Hong Kong
- Anil K Nair – Chief Executive Officer, VMLY&R India
- Denise Ng – Director of Partnerships, PHD China
- Christina Peyton – Vice President, Marketing & Growth, APAC, WPP
- Etka Relan – National Planning Director, MullenLowe Lintas Group
- Ruchi Sharma – Creative & Culture Officer, Brands for Humans
- Kaori Yatsu – Head of Planning, BBDO Japan
Additional judges will be announced shortly. The deadline for entries is 14 July 2020. More information on the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2020 can be found here