In partnership with Ogilvy Consulting, WPP interviewed global leaders in innovation, marketing, growth, and UX across four industries to understand mobility strategies and more for the ‘Future of Brands in Motion’ Study.
In a bid to understand the brands that are looking at mobility to fuel growth and expansion for driving business and commerce, WPP and Ogilvy Consulting conducted an interview with 16 global leaders in innovation, marketing, growth, and UX across four industries – entertainment, retail, transportation, and telecom. The efforts have resulted in a report called Future of Brands in Motion.
As a part of the study to delve into the current mobility strategies and ambitions for the future compared with consumer expectations, a survey of 300+ US citizens was carried out in parallel.
Some of the key findings in the study include:
- The pandemic has accelerated consumer expectations of new experiences – The consumers are in a state of evolution — trialing, trained, and ready to adopt all kinds of new products and services, such as contactless delivery, telemedicine, and shopping at mobile retail stores, with the pandemic serving as an accelerant.
- The future of mobility is shattering category boundaries and competitive sets — Forward-looking brands know that any company with the ability to offer a better experience is a threat.
- Companies vary in readiness — Many business leaders now consider mobility an imperative, but the study found that readiness and investment vary dramatically.
- Brand partnerships between traditional mobility providers and other companies are key — As the competitive landscape widens and threats appear from every sector, so do opportunities for non-traditional brand partnerships. For example, healthcare or drug companies partnering with convenience stores to offer medication delivery by drone, or autonomous vehicle makers collaborating with entertainment brands to take advantage of passengers’ new-found down-time to offer new kinds of experiences to pass the time.
Also read: Cred campaigns become the most popular ones of 2020: Wizikey Newsmaker Report
Other insights and outcomes from the WPP-Ogilvy Report include:
- Frictionless delivery is becoming a reality leading to experimentations.
- Mobility is emerging as a pervasive platform.
- Partnerships between companies and experimentations towards mobility will remain the key.
- Consumers seem to be primed and ready to adopt new mobility technologies.
You can read the complete report below: