Rin’s ‘Ab Waqt Hai Chamakne Ka’ campaign highlights the journey and struggles of C.A Bhavani Devi against the patriarchal notions to become the first Indian woman fencing champion to reach Tokyo Olympics 2021.
Rin detergent, Hindustan Unilever has launched its latest campaign celebrating the inspiring story of C.A. Bhavani Devi, India’s first woman fencing champion to qualify for Tokyo Olympics 2021. From a humble background having chosen a relatively lesser-known sport of fencing, Bhavani had to overcome not just financial obstacles but also patriarchy-led stereotypes. The TVC focuses on the heart-warming journey of Bhavani Devi and her struggle to keep her sporting dreams alive.
Further demonstrating the tale to inspire people in their journey, Rin’s #AbWaqtHaiChamakneKa campaign demonstrates the fence champion’s saga of grit and gumption and the unflinching belief of a mother who supported her in this pursuit.
Also Read: Mamaearth ropes in mother-daughter duo, Amrita Singh and Sara Ali Khan for its latest campaign
The minute-long TVC opens with a shot of Bhavani practicing fencing as a child and recalls the journey of her struggle against patriarchal notions, right from childhood to that of achieving the feat of the champion fencer. Her first fencing kit was expensive in a household of limited means. Her mother financed her training by pawning her gold and encouraging her to never stop dreaming.
Ending on a triumphant note, she goes ahead to win gold at the Commonwealth games and holds up her medal as a fitting tribute to her mother’s faith and relentless support. Through this campaign, the brand, thus, aims to highlight not just the brand philosophy, but also bring to focus people’s passion and their ability to make it big despite adversities.
Commenting on the launch of the campaign, Prabha Narasimhan, Executive Director & VP – Home Care, Hindustan Unilever Ltd, says, “Rin has been an integral part of Indian households for over five decades now and has stood for people who are unwilling to be defined by preset roles and have the courage to pursue their dreams, undeterred by their socio-economic backgrounds. The brand stands for supporting and celebrating the progress seeker, individuals who pursue their dreams and demonstrate courage to rescript their destiny.”
“Through our latest campaign, ‘Ab Waqt hai Chamakne Ka’, we endeavored to showcase the glorious journey of Bhavani Devi, her mother’s sacrifices, and their collective success and in the process inspire millions of others to keep persevering in their dreams, despite the odds. The essence of our brand aligns beautifully with such extraordinary stars who have risen from ordinary lives. We salute Bhavani for her dedication and wish her good luck as she prepares to represent India in Olympics 2021″, he adds.
- Prabha Narasimhan: Executive Director & VP – Home Care, Hindustan Unilever
- Nitish Bhalotia – General Manager, Fabric Solutions
- Apala Sen – Marketing Manager, Rin
- Sonam Doshi – Assistant Brand Manager, Rin
- Gaurav Mehta – Assistant Brand Manager, Rin
- CCOs : Harshad Rajadhyaksha, Kainaz Karmakar, Sukesh Nayak
- Vice Chairperson & Chief Client Officer: Hephzibah Pathak
- Chief Strategy Officer: Prem Narayan
- Senior VP, Planning: Russel John
- Planning Director : Sanketa Kapse
- Managing Partner (Creative – West): Anurag Agnihotri
- Group CD and Copywriter: Saurabh Dikshit
- Group CD: Shahrukh Irani
- Senior VP : Nikhil Mohan
- Client Services Director: Chandni Butta
- Account Supervisors : Savni Kenkre & Aouj Naqvi
- Production House: Little Lamb Films
- Director: Bauddhayan Mukherji (Buddy)
- Executive Producer: Monalisa Mukherji
- Producer & Editor: Avishek Ghosh